1.25.2011

I Heart Faces Photo Challenge

Trying to follow through with my intentions, here is my next submission for the I Heart Faces challenge. This week's theme is "Innocent Wonder" I really wasn't sure what I could capture that would portray this so looking back at some of my project 365 photos from this month I found this one and thought it fit the description pretty well. 

On this particular day, my daughter decided to play outdoors with our neighbor who is 4. I love that she has no problem playing with a child 5 years younger than her and that they play together so well. When I came out to check on them, I discovered them in "the castle" (an area of the yard with some fallen trees and wood pile). While Julia was busy sweeping the snow out of the castle with a branch from a pine tree, I snapped this photo of Hannah sitting all by herself rubbing this stick on the piece of bark. She had the smallest of smiles on her face and I wondered what it was she was doing. Turns out she was practicing her "violin" for the concert they were preparing! They spent almost an hour doing this...gathering "instruments" and practicing in the castle. I so love capturing these little moments...





5 comments:

Moments and Impressions said...

so pretty - I love when you capture a moment when they dont notice.

Ingrid said...

playing her fiddle?

Rhonda said...

Sweet photo. She looks like she's playing a marvelous concert.

BETH said...

very pretty and such a sweet memory

Mec said...

I think you captured her innocent wonder for sure.